HOPE IN HOPELESSNESS








                                                                                                            By Esther Omorogbe



This is it;

Did I ever tell you I took the 30th position in primary three?

Did you just laugh?

Did you know that I had to sit for the West African Examination Council (WAEC) exam three times? Not forgetting that I unsuccessfully wrote one General Certificate Examination in SS 2, just because of one subject, mathematics!

Did you know that there were nights I almost committed suicide just to avoid being called a failure?

Did I ever tell you that I felt jealous of those who were ahead of me?

Did you know that at some point in my life, I felt rejected and abandoned by God? 

Oh yes! I went through a lot and life made me see things from different perspectives.

Whenever I felt I was almost there, failure arose, and made me wallow in self-pity and depression countless time.

There were times, I almost gave up. There were nights when I soaked my pillows while others were sleeping.

There were so many questions unanswered, and negative thoughts became my abode.

Did you know that I had to go through college again after graduating from secondary school, just because I couldn't make one paper in WAEC exams? I felt dejected seeing others going to the university.

I remember those years of disappointment, heartache, verbal abuse, derogatory statements, from friends and relatives. Sincerely, I did lose hope in life. I gave up on God and education. I couldn't keep trying when I knew failure was going to be the end result.


But did you know that I graduated from a college of Education with DISTINCTION IN ENGLISH AND LITERATURE? OH YES! That’s what persistency and hope in God can do.
I finally have my mathematics in WAEC.

Recently, I applied for a direct entry examination and I was given a provisional admission to further my education in the University. Isn’t God awesome?
Oh! Yes he is.

But there were years when I thought my purpose on earth was to be a failure, and I thought God had abandoned me.

Never despise your humble beginning.


Life has taught me that there is no success in life without challenge. You just have to go through those processes in order to have a substantial story and experience to back up your success in life.

I have come to realize that there is " a behind the scene " in everyone's life. But how firm you stay within and outside of it makes you stronger as a person.

Keep pushing!
Keep fighting!
Never give up on yourself nor your humble beginning.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

I haven't gotten to the peak yet. But I am a work in progress.

I am NwanyiBuife, and this is a part of my success Story.


#Nwanyibuife
estyluv26@gmail.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A world without envy and strife

THREE MEETINGS OF LIFE AND YOU

WHAT IS YOUR SELLING POINT?